Grants and Call For Collaboration on ISO 14064 Greenhouse Gas Emission Projects
SPRING Singapore has a pilot project programme to encourage companies to adopt and implement the ISO 14064 Greenhouse Gas Emission standard. As part of the ISO 14064 implementation, companies can implement a Greenhouse Gas Emission project.
The ISO 14064 series of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) standards includes:
1) ISO 14064 Part 1:2006 – Greenhouse gases – Specification with guidance at the organisation level for quantification and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions and removals
2) ISO 14064 Part 2:2006 – Greenhouse gases – Specification with guidance at the project level for quantification, monitoring and reporting of greenhouse gas emission reductions or removal enhancements
3) ISO 14064 Part 3:2006 – Greenhouse gases – Specification with guidance for the validation and verification of greenhouse gas assertions
Implementing ISO 14064 is intended to achieve the following benefits:
- Promote consistency, transparency and credibility in GHG quantification, monitoring, reporting and verification;
- Enable organizations to identify and manage GHG-related liabilities, assets and risks;
- Facilitate the trade of GHG allowances or credits, and
- Support the design, development and implementation of comparable and consistent GHG schemes or programmes.
The pilot project programme is managed by the Singapore Manufacturers’ Federation (SMa). Companies participating in this pilot project will be given grants for the following, on a reimbursement basis:
- Manpower related costs (up to 70%)
- Equipment, Software and Materials (up to 70%)
- Professional Services – Consultancy fees (up to 70%)
- Testing and Certification (up to 30%)
The company should generate a 10 times return on fundable amount, cumulatively over three years after the project (eg. increase in revenue or decrease in operational cost).
Interested companies can obtain the application form from SMa. For details about the programme, contact Ms Mitchelle Yong at tel: 6826 3059 or email: email@example.com.