Build Eco Xpo (BEX Asia) 2011 Returns 25% Bigger with 250 Companies Showcasing Latest Green Building Solutions for a Greener Future [Press Releases]
SINGAPORE, September 14, 2011 – Build Eco Xpo (BEX Asia 2011), the region’s premiere green building expo opened today with the biggest showcase ever of the latest green products and solutions for the green building sector by 250 participating companies from 28 countries.
Held at the Suntec Convention Centre from today until 16 September, the event will showcase green building architecture, design, products, practices and technologies for environmental sustainability. This year’s event is expected to attract some 8,000 industry practitioners, professionals and key buyers from the region.
The opening ceremony was officiated by BG(NS) Tan Chuan-Jin, Minister of State for Manpower and National Development.
Major collaborations to push the green agenda in the building sector were also announced this morning. The Singapore Green Building Council (SGBC) signed separate Memorandums of Understanding with Housing & Development Board Building Research Institute (HDB-BRI), JTC Corporation (JTC), and the Singapore Business Federation (SBF). Themed “Unity in Green”, these will drive closer collaboration between SGBC and each of these parties to promote green building practices and technologies as well as the Singapore Green Building Product (SGBP) certification scheme.
An MOU was also signed by SGBC with the Beijing Construction Decoration Association (BCDA) to promote the development of Green Buildings in Beijing.
“The Green Building movement is gathering pace in the face of greater challenges of climate change and resource efficiency. SGBC’s green product certification is a logical step to support the movement and is gathering momentum with increasing recognition from the building industry,” said Mr Tai Lee Siang, President, SGBC.
“The signing of MOUs with HDB-BRI, JTC and SBF signifies strong support from major local industry players on collaboration for activities and most importantly support for our green product certification efforts. The signing of the MOU with BCDA, Beijing, marks a first-of-its-kind collaboration for SGBC with a foreign association. Such spirit of collaboration will further strengthen our ties and also provide a useful platform for Singapore companies to engage the growing markets of Asia,” he added.
Said Ms Michelle Lim, Managing Director, Reed Exhibitions, “Since the inception of BEX Asia, the event has more than doubled in size. This is clear testimony that BEX Asia has established itself as a meaningful regional platform for green building practitioners from the region to learn about the latest green building solutions and technologies as well as for knowledge sharing and networking.”
“With the diverse selection of green solutions on showcase and the record number of participants expected, BEX Asia 2011 is well poised to accelerate the adoption of green technologies for a more sustainable environment,” she added.
Some of the innovative solutions on showcase at BEX Asia 2011 include:
1. Johnson Controls’ state-of-the-art YORK® Magnetic Centrifugal Chiller, or YMC² which addresses the most pressing concerns of today’s facility owners and designers – energy, sustainability, sound and uptime – by integrating YORK chiller innovations with the benefits of active magnetic-bearing technology. YMC² is 10% more efficient than conventional, variable-speed chillers and quieter than any other water-cooled centrifugal or screw chiller on the market. It increases uptime and reduces maintenance cost, while helping to improve the ozone-depletion potential (ODP) and the global-warming potential (GWP) of a facility.
2. Carrier’s Evergreen® 23XRV Chiller, the world’s first integrated variable speed, water-cooled, screw chiller. The Evergreen® 23XRV Chiller incorporates significant breakthroughs in water-cooled chiller technology to provide excellent reliability and achieve superior efficiencies at true operating conditions, without compromising the environment. By combining the reliability of a tri-rotor screw compressor with the energy savings of a variable-frequency drive (VFD), the Evergreen® 23XRV Chiller achieves ultra-high efficiency levels while lowering the cost of ownership.
3. CVT Solutions’ new vertical farming solution with integrated biological lighting and the Natsureturn water treatment system for indoor use. The system features mobile and versatile vertical farming modules such as a vertical racking system and a frameless carpet system. Together with the new biological lighting for photosynthesis and the water treatment system for better nutrient absorption, this is indeed an ideal DIY gardening solution for both home as well as commercial use.
4. Window film specialist Huper Optik’s Ceramic 70 (C70) window film featuring patented nano-ceramic technology which offers 91% infra-red heat rejection while maintaining high visual clarity at 70% Visible Light Transmission. The perfect solution for keeping the heat out of both homes and commercial spaces, C70 is highly durable, offers high clarity and low light reflection, enabling scenic views to be preserved while blocking out harmful UV rays
5. Local manufacturer Elmich’s MEP® Tray, a modular extensive planting tray system with water storage compartments connected to an independent drainage network. The MEP® Tray is able to support long-term plant sustainability with minimal maintenance, allowing for the instant greening of rooftops.
Building on the event as a key knowledge-sharing and networking platform for the construction and building industry in Asia, a special feature, the Guest Speakers’ Programme, will see invited personalities in the BUILD GREEN arena share insights on sustainable design and development, as well as the latest trends.
Speakers include Mr Fritz Oettl from Austria, Ms Fiona Nixon, Principal Architect of Woodhead in Australia, Er Joanne Wong Pui Fun from Meinhardt Infrastructure Pte Ltd, Mr Mann Young from Lend Lease Asia and Mr Richard Kirk from Richard Kirk Architect Pty Ltd., Australia. Delegates can also look forward to excellent networking opportunities to meet and develop new business contacts on the show floor.
Products certified by the Singapore Green Building Council (SGBC) under the Singapore Green Building Product Certification Scheme will also be on showcase at the SGBC Pavilion for the first time. The SGBC Pavilion will also feature some of the most sustainable green building products, services and solutions.
In addition, the Building & Construction Authority (BCA) Pavilion will feature exemplary Green Mark projects and information on the various Green Mark incentives to promote sustainable buildings and spaces beyond buildings.
BEX Asia 2011 is being held concurrently with the International Green Building Conference (IGBC 2011) themed, “Build Green. Act Now”. IGBC 2011, organized by Singapore’s Building & Construction Authority (BCA) will address challenges and explore solutions in green building development including innovative, sustainable and actionable solutions for the tropics and sub-tropics.
Source: BEX Asia