ESD Engineering Assistant by Kaer [Jobs]
POSITION : ESD Engineering Assistant (ESD = Environmentally Sustainable Design)
REPORTING TO: ESD Manager
Kaer is a Built Environment specialist, and pioneer in the field of building performance, efficiency and sustainability. We have proved that thinking smart can deliver optimised building performance with increased comfort at no extra cost and with enhanced efficiency and environmental sustainability. Our integration of innovative design solutions and holistic system approach helps us meet the needs of our clients, providing operational excellence and establishing new benchmarks for performance throughout the region. We have achieved individual energy efficiency savings of over US$3.5m per annum.
The ESD Engineering Assistant will analyze client’s buildings through comprehensive observations to reveal the total building performance, compare it with approved benchmark and propose necessary improvements. It is a golden opportunity to be part of big movement in ‘greening’ the environment by transforming buildings to be more sustainable, environmental friendly and consume less energy.
- Building Energy tabulation
- Lighting power tabulation and calculation
- Mechanical ventilation tabulation and calculation
- Building area tabulation and calculation
- Building indoor environmental quality check
- Landscape greenery tabulation and calculation
- Water fitting flow rate tabulation and calculation
- Preparation of Green Rating documents such as Green Mark.
- Involve some coordination and interface with Kaer project team, clients, tenants and supplier.
- Product and cost information survey related to environmental friendly enhancement for buildings.
- Compiling documents and data of buildings, products or technical library.
- Conducting survey to buildings and documenting the actual equipments used in the buildings, such as lighting, mechanical ventilation, etc.
- Training and guidance will be provided to suitable candidates without direct experience.
- Understanding of building systems particularly in HVAC systems and other M&E disciplines.
- Understanding of Green Mark system will be an advantage.
- Engineering (mechanical, electrical, building science) or similar Diploma.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to operate CAD will be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of a second language will be an advantage.
- A person with meticulous eyes and careful with details.
- Good interpersonal communication skill
- A highly self-motivated individual who perform better than expectation and has a sense of urgency towards project completion.
- A process driven individual that is able to initiate good practices and implement processes.
HOW TO APPLY
- Email Curriculum Vitae, academic results, contact number, email address and expected salary
- To firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidate may be called for an interview. Please bring the original academic results and relevant work samples for interview.