Personal Assistant and Office Administrator, Birdlife International (Asia) Limited [Jobs]
Office Location: Asia Regional Office in Singapore
BirdLife International is a partnership of national grass root conservation organisations present in 120 countries and territories. Together we are the world leader in bird conservation. BirdLife’s unique local-to-global approach enables us to deliver high impact and long term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for someone who can provide full secretarial/administrative support to the Asia Regional Director of BirdLife International Asia Division and its staff including communications and co-ordination with the offices in Tokyo, Phnom Penh and Hanoi.
In doing so, the job holder will:
- Provide full Secretarial /Administrative support to the Asia Regional Director and to all Singapore based staff as well as the Finance/Admin Manager as required.
- Assist the Asia Regional Director (Singapore Office) and its associated regional offices/, programmes and projects.
- Support all the Asia programme staff in organising workshops or events in relation to implementation of projects and programmes and communicating with and support participation of Birdlife partners and programmes in workshops and other events in Asia.
- Co-ordinate and maintain an updated database of Birdlife Asia partnership contact details, programme staff and supporters of Birdlife Asia in Singapore.
- Responsibility for filing and safekeeping documents and publications in the Singapore office including those on storage.
- Provide administrative and financial assistance during workshops and events as needed and appropriate.
- Support Birdlife Asia staff in making their travel arrangements including copying the Cambridge secretariat on travel schedules and other relevant information (eg travel forms with carbon emissions estimates).
- Minute taking in meetings and workshops as part of Asia Division related to activities and events.
- Provide support to visitors of the Asia Division on arrangements for work related accommodation and inland travel in Singapore.
- Assist in managing the office by ensuring cleanliness and orderliness of the office premises and ensure staff follows related policies.
- Track the movements/schedules of Asia Division staff in all Asia offices (Singapore, Tokyo, Phnom Penh and Cambodia) and communicate to all relevant people as needed.
- Provide frontline contact for the public in the Singapore office.
- Provide assistance in fund raising activities.
- Good general education
- Secretarial qualifications an advantage
- Proven knowledge and experience in all of the following (1) administration (2) basic bookkeeping (3) filing and documentation
- Experience in office management and maintenance, organising and documenting national and/or regional meetings, writing brief reports and inter-office communications
- Ability to manage a heavy, diverse but mostly predictable workload, ability to organise support to programme staff with differing needs
- High proficiency in written and spoken English and experience of communicating with non-nationals is a MUST
- Ability to prioritise workload and have lots of initiative
- Good level of competency with IT hardware and software including MS word, excel, internet, email etc
- Strong team working skills
- Mature and pleasant personality
- Experience in working with International and multi-cultural working environment
- Preferably with working experience in a nature conservation organisation and an appreciation of conservation ethics and practices in non-profit sector
Salary in the range of S$40,800.00- S$42,000 (inclusive of 13th month) per annum depending on qualifications/experiences.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and interviews will be scheduled sometime in July 2013.
Only Singapore Citizens and Singapore PRs need apply.
To apply please e-mail your CV and an explanatory cover letter to ‘Singapore.recruitment@Birdlife.org to the attention of “Finance/Administration Manager” no later than 30th June 2013.