Programme Development Manager – Asia, Birdlife International (Asia) Limited [Jobs]
BirdLife International is a partnership of national grass root conservation organisations present in 120 countries and territories. Together we are the world leader in bird conservation. BirdLife’s local –to-go-global approach enables us to deliver high impact and long term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for someone who can develop, grow and co-ordinate the conservation portfolio of BirdLife in Asia according to the regional priority programmes identified by and in consultation with the BirdLife Asia Partnership Regional Plan. To actively engage in fund raising and negotiations with key donors and relevant governments in relation to projects, programmes and conservation agenda and to lead specifically on the Forest Of Hope Programme and support partners in development of programmes or projects.
Programme Development Manager – Asia
In doing so, the job holder will:
- Be expected to meet fund raising targets set across BirdLife Asia Team as part of the BirdLife Funding plan.
- Identify, research and meet potential institutional and corporate donors and high net worth individuals. Take responsibility for identifying and pursuing donor prospects and manage the portfolio and assuming as an Accounts Manager for Key donors in the Asia region. Support and/or co-ordinate key fundraising meetings.
- Develop and write good quality funding proposals /concepts to agreed funding plan; assist in developing innovative and effective ways to package and sell BirdLife International’s core programmes and projects (working with regional staff/directors and BirdLife International Partners in the region).
- Write and present good quality, technical and financial reports for Corporate and Individual Donors.
- Assist Regional Director, Chief Development Officer and Chief Executive in managing key donor relationships in the region as needed.
- For the Forest of Hope Programme, to co-ordinate and support development of the fund (USD20m) to appropriate audiences with a focus on corporate and high networth individuals.
- A Masters (preferably but not required) in a conservation related field.
- Relevant experience in fundraising with appreciation for nature conservation values and principles.
- Basic understanding of conservation, familiar with NGOs and ability to explain BirdLife International Partnership programmes to different audiences and raise funds.
- As guide: Minimum 5 years fundraising experience.
- An international outlook with a working understanding of and respect of different cultures.
- Good organizational and problem solving skills, including prioritization and self -management.
- Ability to work in a team and a good basic understanding of financial literacy in understanding budgets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate and produce high quality written reports in English.
- Good computer literacy.
- English is essential with knowledge of Asian languages is an advantage.
- Ability to travel (maybe required to travel up to 6 weeks per year)
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified and interviews will be held in July 2013.
We welcome Singapore citizens/PRs to apply.
Salary is in the range of S$42,000.00 to S$54,000.00.
To apply please email your CV and an explanatory cover letter to Singapore.firstname.lastname@example.org marking your application with “Programme Development Manager Asia” no later than30th June 2013.