GIS Internship at DHI [Jobs]
DHI has two openings for 2 GIS interns at their Singapore office.
- This position is open from now till end March 2014.
- It is on a part-time basis, and timing is negotiable.
- The intern will support our in-house GIS team (Geo.Informatics) and project teams in geospatial data collection, management, analysis, metadata and reporting in ongoing projects. Key projects include water resources studies relating to flood hazard and risk, climate change studies, environmental impact assessments and monitoring programs.
- A mentor will be assigned to review the performance of the intern, and provide direction and focus on skills to refine or improve during the internship.
Who we are looking for:
- University students or fresh graduates who have a keen interest and good knowledge in geosciences or a related discipline: sustainability, environmental management, environmental engineering, civil engineering
- Technical proficiency in use of ESRI’s ArcGIS software for data collection, analysis
- Ability to get quality work done within project constraints
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Self-motivated, and great with working in a team
- Good communication and people skills
- Strong command of written and spoken English
- Available, and can start immediately
Terms & conditions:
- This position is on a part-time basis. Our rate for this position is S$15/hour.
How to apply:
Please email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Application for GIS Internship” and provide the following information:
- Why you are interested to apply for this position
- A CV that demonstrates that you are the person we are looking for
- Your availability
Selected candidates will be contacted to come down for an interview. We are keen to provide a work experience that will benefit our interns, and interviews provide a good basis for this.
DHI is an independent, international consulting and research organisation. We strive to advance knowledge in water environments and to share it globally – with our clients, our partners and society at large. This is key to our quest – to solve challenges in water environments worldwide.